This card is something of a joy to work with. It's sad reflection on the state of OpenGL drivers that it's only really starting to show it's true performance now.
4 x Anisotropic Filtering is faster on it than no Anisotropic Filtering.
Anyway, 1.4 is underway. After the fairly large leaps into the unknown of the previous releases, this one will be consolidating and tidying up, moreso than anything else. Here's the list so far:
- Fixed r_novis 1 crash.
- Removed contents transition code from R_MarkLeaves - doesn't play nice with translucency and doesn't handle entities.
- Fixed lockups in OpenQuartz and other mods where inline bmodels seem to share surfaces.
- Renamed r_anisotropicfilter to gl_texture_anisotropy (consistency with other engines).
- Added FOV to video/view menu.
- Changed widescreen fix so that it's only effective at FOV 90 (consistency with other engines).
- Added fov_compatible cvar to allow player to override this.
- Removed HUD when loading plaque is visible (looks wrong).
- Fixed instanced brush model R_LightPoint start position.
- Added missing sprite types from WinQuake.
- Switched viewsize to 120 when loading plaque is up (still not sure, looks right at intermissions though).
- Increased alias model vertex limits.