The steam train continues with release 1.6.2; this updates fixes some bugs and adds some new functionality (some of which is - admittedly - at the experimental stage, but you can't move forward by walking in reverse, can you?)
Get it from the right!
Full list of changes:
- Fixed r_64bitlightmaps 0 on a device that supports 64 bit textures gives 4 x brightness.
- Fixed crash in timedemo demo3 (also potential crash in a number of other scenarios).
- Added sRGB Color Space option (default off) (r_sRGBgamma cvar).
- Removed case sensitivity from cvar tab autocompletion.
- Restored alias models to correct place in draw order.
- Added sRGB support to linear colour operations.
- Added skyalpha support (r_skyalpha).
- Removed loading disc code.
- Switched world surface rendering to front-to-back.
- Resolved various bugs with render states being lost following a device reset.
- Resolved MAJOR cause of slowdown on cards that support hardware T&L.
- Fixed hipnotic particle field was missing.
- Reverted alias model interpolation back to the vertex shader.
- Removed state blocks.
- Added index buffer for world surfs (r_useindexbuffer, default 0), may be faster on some cards.
- Tightened up on video startup by adding a check for fullscreen mode support and texture creation to each format type.