Pretty much everything has just finished coming together. PK3 support was just recently completed and tested, and all seems to be working correctly. I've added vanilla ".zip" as a viable extension here too, just because it's easier to work with ZIPs than PK3s for testing purposes. ID's rationale in Q3A for changing the extension (to prevent anyone from messing with them by accident) remains valid however.
One thing that is not done is the name maker. This broke when I rewrote the memory handling routines, and it remains broken now. It doesn't crash however, it just doesn't work. For now I've commented out the code that adds it to the menu, as I don't want to delay releasing and it's more of a "fun" feature than something essential anyway.
I need to do some final testing just to ensure that nothing evil crept in with the recent changes, and then hopefully I'm releasing tomorrow (Tuesday 29th) PM (GMT).
Here's the full list of changes for 1.7.2:
- Fixed "illegible server message" on demos recorded on engines that send U_TRANS but don't change PROTOCOL_VERSION.
- Transitioned much file input to Win32.
- Fixed continuous "mode is unchanged" message.
- Resolved more clipnodes > 32767 issues.
- Added host_maxfps cvar for control of Host_FilterTime (default 72).
- Added Nehahra MOVETYPE_FOLLOW support.
- Bumped max nodes to 65535 by implementing arguiRe's hacky fixes.
- Implemented optimized cullents tracing via suggestions from LordHavoc; switched default to 1.
- Implemented variable lightmap sizing thus allowing surface extents to go up to > 32768 on typical hardware.
- Fixed bug where a worldmodel which has angles set will cause incorrect clipping behaviour.
- Fixed bug where link files were not working correctly.
- (Temporarily) Removed name maker from Multiplayer setup menu.
- Added PK3 support.