Owing to the fact that we also now have a crash bug in e2m3 I'm getting this out now. I had originally hoped to include a little more, but fixing this takes absolute priority.
Here's the full list of changes:
- Forced a skybox unload on game change and revalidation of the current skybox every map change.
- Removed "Loaded n skybox components" message from worldspawn skyboxes.
- Fixed bad texture crash on e2m3 (and possibly others) (again).
- Added missing call to SV_PushRotate.
- Fixed crash with > 32MB of external textures in use.
- Reworked game loading to load pak0 to pak9 before any other pak, pk3 or zip files.
- Removed cheesy rapid fire dlight effect and fixed screen-shaking with lightning gun.
- Increased temp memory buffer to 128 MB.
- Added ability to delete a save from the save/load menus.
- Fixed several crash bugs in the save/load menus when no items were present.
I must be mad. I've only just released this and now I've gone and done a very significant performance enhancement for 1.8.2; optimization of the water warp shader giving something between 10 and 40 extra frames in scenes with heavy liquid content. Sorry, but you'll have to wait for this one.