This release is somewhat experimental, unfinished and maybe a bit rough around the edges; I personally feel that it's not quite ready yet, but I'm releasing it all the same for the following reasons which I feel are important:
- It fixes a few critical crash bugs in certain maps.
- It includes some important multiplayer fixes.
- It includes some important renderer fixes.
- The performance improvements are very worthwhile.
- It's probably timely to start getting some public feedback on it.
Note that this release features decoupled timers but they are disabled by default. If you want to experiment you can do so by setting host_decoupletimers 1 and then adjusting the value of host_maxfps to taste.
I've also hard-disabled the occlusion query code as I'm still somewhat unconfident in it; I've had experiences with D3D occlusion queries either hard-locking the PC, or (on WDDM drivers) resetting the driver every few seconds, so this is a feature that I really feel I need to make totally bullet-proof before I'd be comfortable inflicting it on you.